RESTAURANT MANAGER (M/F/X) @ KANAAN
Sep 2nd, 2020
Join Israeli – Palestinian Kanaan as they are looking for an experienced Restaurant Manager (M/F/X) with leadership skills in a full-time position (6 days/week). If you have a passion for food combined with experience in both front and back of the house as well the ability to uplift the team during busy moments then Kanaan is looking for you. You’ll motivate the staff to provide excellent customer service, maintain the restaurant’s revenue, profitability and quality goals as well as ensure efficient restaurant operation. You will also be responsible for hiring qualified cooks and service staff, set the work schedules, oversee food prep, and keep an eye on the health and safety restaurant regulations. Most importantly you’ll make sure the restaurant runs smoothly and the guests have a fantastic dining experiences at Kanaan.
Kanaan was founded in 2015 by the Palestinian Jalil Dabit and the Israeli Oz Ben David. What started out as a weekend pop up in a wooden shack in Prenzlauer Berg quickly became a sensation in the media and among food bloggers, in part due to the unique background story of an Israeli-Palestinian collaboration but also thanks to the amazing hummus, crowned ofter as the best in town. 5 years later and in a new, big and chic location at Helmholzplatz, Kanaan continues to be a one of the most popular restaurants in the city, offering a rich, daily changing menu based on the Palestinian and Israeli cuisines delicacies served in a warm, welcoming atmosphere typical to the middle east.
We are looking for candidates with proven experience in restaurant management or in a leading role in hotel gastronomy. Relevant education is an advantage but not a requirement, as we believe that substantial hands on experience is just as significant to make you a successful restaurant manager. Ideally you would have a high level of english and german. As our team is very international, you will need experience in working with people from different cultural and sociological backgrounds and with varying language proficiencies.
These are your key responsibilities:
- Coordinate daily Front of the House and Back of the House restaurant operations
- Deliver superior service and maximize customer satisfaction
- Respond efficiently and accurately to customer complaints
- Organize and supervise shifts
- Train new and current employees on proper customer service practices
- Actively promote sales, define sales goals for the team and train staff on upselliing practices
- Implement policies and protocols that will maintain future restaurant operations
- Appraise staff performance and provide feedback to improve productivity
- Estimate future needs for goods, kitchen utensils and cleaning products
- Ensure compliance with sanitation and safety regulations
- Control operational costs and identify measures to cut waste
- Regularly review product quality and research new vendors