HEAD CHEF (M/F/X) @ TASTY TELLERS
Aug 19th, 2020
Are you an experienced chef with the ability to lead the kitchen, and work creatively with an inspired approach to plant focused cooking?
Then the brand new catering company Tasty Tellers is looking for you as an ambitious, and trustworthy head chef (m/f/x) with the passion to push a plant focused diet at a constantly high standard. You will be designing the menu with creative freedom within the parameters of the business, you will be ordering the stock, and checking the delivery of produce from our suppliers, you’ll be maintaining a professional and clean kitchen, and you’ll also be keeping record of dishes as well the methodology, and costings.
The nature of the Tasty Tellers catering business (Mon-Friday during daytimes) provides the opportunity for an excellent work/life-balance for our team. Initially the role will be three to four days a week, growing to five when the necessary client base is attained.
We at Tasty Tellers are a new, plant-focused b2b catering company based in Berlin that provides sustainable, nutritious and diverse lunches to progressive start-ups and businesses all around town.
For this role we are looking for a candidate who:
- Has a strong working knowledge of plant focused dishes, is creative and adaptable
- Has experience of working with various cuisines – we are globally influenced!
- Is willing to train and grow the kitchen team, and seeks out responsibility
- Wants to foster a community culture
- Has the desire and ability to implement a high level of professional authority within the business.
- Wants to be around people of different cultures and helps instil intercultural competence in the organisation.
- Constantly thinks about how to be more efficient and effective
- Is interested in nutrition and adapting new methodologies and cooking techniques into the business
- Believes in, and practices constructive disagreement
- Is willing to incorporate technology into the kitchen systems and processes
- English is required, A2 German a plus
Salary – please include salary expectations in your covering letter. We have a favourable incentivisation package in place.
We plan to organise interviews asap, with a round of cooking trials on Wednesday 2nd of September.