GENERAL MANAGER (M/F/X) @ GAZZO PIZZA
Aug 10th, 2020
Are you a visionary, seasoned General Manager with passion for hospitality? Do you want a job that offers the fun of a hotspot restaurant with the professionalism and future opportunities of a larger company? Perfect! Gazzo Pizza is expanding to bring sourdough pizza and good vibes beyond Neukölln, and now is your chance to join an exciting and forward thinking project! Gazzo Pizza is looking for a GM to manage the next Gazzo restaurant. Be part of the management team, operate a great restaurant and take it to the next level.
We’re a sourdough pizza restaurant, open since September 2018 in Neukölln. Gazzo is a fun place, always bustling and busy. We believe in sourcing artisanal produce – local when available, but always delicious, sustainable and natural. We choose produce we love, and are transparent about it. We help our guests fight against a greedy food industry one bite at a time – and having a blast doing so!
We hire only super nice people. You can teach someone with a great attitude to make pizza, but it’s much harder to teach someone with a big ego to be a team player – Gazzo is only as good as the team. It’s hard work, so why not find nice people and make it fun?
Gazzo is a huge success story, and now you can be part of it. You can expect exciting future opportunities, as we expand and become the most awesome restaurant group in Germany.
- The opportunity to join a successful restaurant startup with an exciting future ahead
- Attractive compensation package
- Excellent future opportunities
- An opportunity to learn from experienced industry people, and to develop management and leadership skills
- A super friendly and great team dedicated to creating Berlin’s best pizza place
- Loads of pizza and fun
For the GM position, Gazzo is looking for a real leader. The person will be joining a super motivated and friendly team. You can expect great mentoring from seasoned industry pros, great support, and exciting future opportunities.
First and foremost the GM is expected to lead and inspire the Gazzo team. You will lead by example, and support the team as much as you can. This includes taking responsibility for their job satisfaction, and help them in their professional and personal growth. We believe that happy employees will take better care of the guests, which leads to a healthy business.
- Managing the operations of the restaurant, making sure the guest experience is great
- Leading the team, and arranging staff trainings
- Creating processes and procedures and following up on them
- Full responsibility for FOH rotas, supporting BOH rotas when needed
- Hiring staff, and making sure all legal requirements in HR are met
- Planning and budgeting together with management team
- Cost controlling (especially labor cost and food cost) and cash handling
- Liaising with suppliers, authorities and service providers.
- Overseeing that HACCP Standards are met in the kitchen and front of house
- Taking responsibility that the great culture at Gazzo is nurtured
- Great attitude and service-minded personality
- Experience in restaurant management
- Ability to handle responsibilities and high pressure
- Passion for creating great customer experiences
- Interest in culinary trends, and knowledge of Berlin’s culinary scene
- Having lived or currently living in Berlin
- Able to communicate effectively in written and spoken German and English