FRONT OF HOUSE SERVICE MEMBER (W/M/X) @ HINTERLAND
Mar 4th, 2021
Natural wine bistro Hinterland in Berlin-Kreuzberg is looking for an experienced, talented and unique individual to join the front of house service team in a full-time position. You have experience working in front of house service in contemporary restaurant settings with a strong sense of empathetic hospitality. If you have a love for working in small business-settings and have a passion in working with farmers, seasonal food & natural wine, Hinterland is looking for you! Prior service experience is required, plus a substantial ability to communicate in both German & English is a must for this full-time, contracted role. Wine and some bar knowledge is a bonus!
Hinterland is a low intervention wine-focused bistro serving a sophisticated, small
plates menu for lunch and in the evenings, plus a buzzy brunch program on the weekends. Our food program is aligned with the seasons and the bounty of our local food system in Brandenburg and direct environs, and we pride ourselves on our extensive & unique wine lists. As a bustling wine bar space, Hinterland is a unique locale that is both casual yet polished, a truly lovely place to get cozy with a glass of wine or dine with friends. Hinterland was founded on the principles to always provide attentive hospitality, high-integrity food & wine and a soulful experience in our warm space — we take care in every aspect when it comes to both our internal team and our guest experience, because it all matters.
We offer our team:
- competitive wages and a sustainable working life
- the encouragement to lead
- the opportunity to learn in many facets of craft food techniques, wine and leadership
- a holistic approach and mindset to team, career, food and lifestyle
- the chance and space to develop your various skills and interests
- like-minded team members and an inclusive company culture that emphasizes respect & care
- able to communicate with ease in both German and English
- possess high emotional intelligence & love working with people
- at least 2 years experience in either fine dining and/or contemporary bistro settings
- have a proactive work ethic & enjoy working in start-up scenarios
- have some foundational knowledge of wine is a bonus!
- have some experience in craft-focused bar (fermenting, ageing, extracting, shrubs, etc) is a bonus!
- live in Berlin currently or are looking to move to Berlin soon