FRONT OF HOUSE MANAGER (M/F/X) @ HINTERLAND
Mar 4th, 2021
Natural wine bistro Hinterland in Berlin-Kreuzberg is looking for an experienced, talented and unique individual to join the leadership team in a full-time position. You are a Front of House (FOH) Manager with a fine-dining restaurant background, a good foundation of professional wine knowledge and clear technical & business acumen, but above all you possess an infectious passion to lead a team with vision. You also bring a strong sense of empathetic hospitality to the concept, plus the love for entrepreneurship and the ability to think uniquely. If this rings true, Hinterland is looking for you! Several years in a management role or senior captain role is required, plus a substantial ability to communicate in both German & English is a must for this full-time, salaried role.
Hinterland is a low intervention wine-focused bistro serving a sophisticated, small plates menu for lunch and in the evenings, plus a buzzy brunch program on the weekends. Our food program is aligned with the seasons and the bounty of our local food system in Brandenburg and direct environs, and we pride ourselves on our extensive & unique wine lists. As a bustling wine bar space, Hinterland is a unique locale that is both casual yet polished, a truly lovely place to get cozy with a glass of wine or dine with friends. Hinterland was founded on the principles to always provide attentive hospitality, high-integrity food & wine and a soulful experience in our warm space — we take care in every aspect when it comes to both our internal team and our guest experience, because it all matters.
We offer our team:
– competitive wages and a sustainable working life
– the encouragement to lead
– the opportunity to learn in many facets of craft food techniques, wine and leadership
– a holistic approach and mindset to team, career, food and lifestyle
– the chance and space to develop your various skills and interests
– like-minded team members and an inclusive company culture that emphasizes respect & care
- able to communicate with ease in both German and English
- possess high emotional intelligence and vision
- extensive experience in fine dining & contemporary bistro settings
- proactive skills and enjoyment in leading and organizing a team
- have good foundational knowledge of wine/low-intervention wine; WSET or other
certifications is a huge bonus!
- have some experience in craft-focused bar (fermenting, ageing, extracting, shrubs, etc)
- live in Berlin currently or are looking to move to Berlin soon