CATERING CHEF/ KITCHEN MANAGER (M/F/X) @ FRÄULEIN KIMCHI
Sep 10th, 2020
Are you an experienced chef, and ready to be the head of Fräulein Kimchi’s catering operations? You are also really good at organizing, and your heart beats for learning about new techniques and flavours? Are you passionate about your craft and enjoy the creative flow of fluidly cooking different cuisines on a daily basis?
Join Berlin’s pioneer of the Korean food scene in Berlin as they are looking for a Catering Chef/Kitchen Manager (m/f/x) in a semi full time position (30- 32 hours/week). Fräulein Kimchi is a small but continuously expanding catering and food truck company that serves mostly b2b customers and local markets. If you are looking to be a strong and trustworthy member to lead the tight knit team, this might just be the ideal job for you.
Fräulein Kimchi was established in 2009 when opera singer, Lauren Lee started feeding kimchi to the good people of Mauerpark. What started off as a whim captured the hearts and bellies of Berliners and she was quickly in demand selling kimchi, as well as teaching Korean cooking classes in Berlin, and catering small events. In 2013 she established herself as the first Korean-American street food stand at Street Food Thursday at the Martkhalle 9. With long queues lining up for her Korean tacos, kimchi-spätzle and kimchi quesadillas, the rest as they say, is history.
Fräulein Kimchi continues to innovate with their original recipes such as Rotkhol Kimchi, Kimchi-Käsespätzle, the legendary Kimchi-Ramenburger, Korean Blackjack Burger, Kimchi-queso nachos and Kimchi poutine and they are constantly developing new and tasty recipes. Since their humble beginnings, Fräulein Kimchi has grown into a successful catering company and Food Stand/Truck specializing in both traditional Korean cuisine and modern Korean comfort food.
- experience working as a sous chef or higher
- good at managing and leading a team
- excellent organisational skills for taking inventory, monitoring food waste, etc
- developing and keeping menus on budget
- implement and develop protocols to maintain kitchen operations
- knowledge of different cuisines and a desire to keep learning new techniques and flavours (we cook a wide range from Mediterranean to East/Southeast Asian and American cuisine)
- experience with high volume catering cooking
- self starter who takes initiative and responsibility for new tasks
- ability to maintain all food safety hygiene requirements
- punctual and reliable
- eye for detail and a high personal standard
- minimum 2 years professional experience in a high volume kitchen
- A drivers license would be a plus, but not a must.
We are a mostly English speaking team, but having a strong grasp of German would be necessary for fulfilling tasks such as product ordering, dealing with repairs, etc. If German is not a strong point but you fulfill all the other requirements and would be willing to learn, we would take that into consideration.
This is a semi full time position to start with 30-32 hours a week, but could quickly become a full time position. Work weeks are from Monday-Friday with an 8:30/ 9 am start and is great for a work/life balance in gastro. Weekends are generally off unless we have extra events scheduled. The kitchen is based in Weissensee on the border to Prenzlauerberg.
We offer a work contract with benefits and bonuses, plus other perks
If you are interested in the position please send an email with your CV, salary expectations and why you think this could be a good fit.