BAKERY OPERATIONS MANAGER (M/F/X) @ BRAMMIBAL’S DONUTS
Nov 4th, 2020
Join Europe’s first all vegan donut shop company Brammibal’s Donuts as they look to recruit a Bakery Operations Manager (m/f/x) for their Berlin office. If you have an abundance of passion for food combined with management expertise and a lot of enthusiasm, then Brammibal’s Donuts is worth a closer look. As the Bakery Operations Manager, it’s your job to ensure that the bakeries operate efficiently and profitably while maintaining their good reputation and ethos with suppliers, colleagues and the community. You will be expected to coordinate all aspects of the donut production and logistics and are responsible for the bakery business performance, and quality standards. Your interpersonal skills are impeccable as you will be the point of contact between Management and the Bakery.
In short: A huge amount of responsibility and an exciting opportunity. This position requires people leadership, creative passion and analytical skills, as well as working together smoothly with the Management, and the Bakery team.
Founded in 2015, Brammibal’s began as a small endeavor: providing donuts to different markets and events all throughout the city. After a year, the two behind it all, Bram and Jess, decided it was time to open up shop and bring Europe’s first entirely vegan donut joint to life.
Four years later, Brammibal’s mission has stayed the same – a chance (and a place) that can offer a good and honest alternative to industrially-made donuts. Every donut at Brammibals is, of course, completely vegan and made fresh every morning by some of the best bakers in town and some of the finest ingredients around. There is always a standard range of our most popular donuts, but, like the city that houses us, our menu is constantly changing, with seasonal donuts, fancies and fan favorites coming back time and again.
Like our products, our staff is one of a kind and we work closely with some incredible neighbors and partners — among them, our coffee connoisseurs, Populus — who feel as strongly about building impactful connections and providing honest, sustainable alternatives to some of the world’s most delectable desserts, as we do.
• Completion of relevant training or university degree.
• Excellent communication skills in German, and proficiency communicating in English, ideally fluent in both.
• Experience in production of baked goods or comparable management experience.
• Experience with vegan food products would be an advantage.
• Commercial experience, in the area of personnel management and cost management.
• Proficiency in computer programs like MS Office, Google Docs.
• An aptitude for all things technical and mechanical, the ability to problem solve and coordinate maintenance of production facilities.
• Natural leadership qualities and proven track record of leading and motivating employees.
• A base knowledge of German Employment Laws, and a strong familiarity with German Food Safety laws, German workplace safety regulations.
• Passion for donuts, and an interest in food and consumer trends.
• Willingness to travel within Germany, as well as an EU drivers license.
• The flexibility to grow with your job title as the company expands.
• Undertake personnel management of bakery employees as well as conducting recruitment and personnel interviews and evaluations in coordination with the HR Manager.
• Optimise processes in the production facilities.
• Coordinate logistics of suppliers and donut deliveries to our retail locations.
• Oversee the production, and strive for process optimisation with continual personal inspection of production and processes
• Monitor all Food Safety practises, organise efficient record keeping and traceability within the donut production.
• Development and improvement of our product range.
• Oversee the creation of donut specials in coordination with the Head Bakers/Confectioners.
• Ensure compliance with all legal safety regulations, operational hygiene measures and HACCP guidelines as well as regular monitoring.
You will divide your time between working in our office in Berlin (Friedrichshain), business meetings and our bakeries in Berlin and Hamburg.
Sounds good? Apply directly via the website: